Boost Business Friendliness
The project Boost Business Friendliness is financed by the Regional Cooperation Council, whose one of the main tasks is to strengthen and develop the regional cooperation through several priority areas and the realization of projects of common interests for the countries in the region.
The project aims to strengthen the capacities, achieve higher efficiency, visibility and impact of the regional BFC SEE network and its structures through development of a comprehensive IT tool and the platform for monitoring the business environment in the region. Automatization of BFC SEE process will enable the submission of electronic application for joining the program and increase the visibility of BFC SEE program and the certified cities and municipalities in the region, Additionally, this will facilitate the creation of a comprehensive database of contacts, thus easing access to municipal information, contacts, promotional material, investment opportunities, and serve as an additional source of information for adopting decisions and incentive measures on the local and national level. Upon placing the BFC SEE e-platform in function, the local governments will receive clear guidelines for developing a business friendly environment and a mechanism for more efficient and transparent local administration, they will be able to learn about best practice examples in other local governments, while the private sector will receive a standardized tool for accessing data and information about the local business conditions in the region.
· Increased capacity, knowledge and transparency in the Regional BFC SEE-SEE Network coordinating structures and facilitated access to data
· Increased competiveness of the region through improved access to information and capacities of local governments in the region and national governments to attract investors and implement business retention and expansion programs
· Enabled access of businesses and potential investors to the investment opportunities, municipal data, comparisons, contacts and promotional materials
· Enabled promotion the region and SEE municipalities and effective benchmark of SEE municipalities
· Development of BFC SEE software, unifying best practice examples from the region and acting as mechanism for regular consultations within the BFC SEE regional network
· Organization of one-day trainings for the key users of the BFC SEE e-platform in the BFC SEE Network member countries (NTS, verifiers, evaluators, administrators...)
· Development of a comprehensive database with best practice examples, with the aim of improving access to information and capcity building of LGs in the region
· Development tools for indexing and ranking the local governments in the region
The project implementation period is 6 months, and in line with the plan all activities will be realized by the end of the year.
January 2016 Are you satisfied with the improvement of business environment in 2016?January 2016 Are you satisfied with the improvement of business environment in 2016?
Yes, the improvements are visible
Partially, the adopted measures are not sufficient to stimulate development
No, the Government has done little to improve the business climate
- Yes, the improvements are visible